Thursday, July 30, 2009

1 dozen eggs, 2 lbs of bacon & 10 waffles

I am one of those parents who is lucky enough to say I don't have picky eaters. Going for sushi? John Thomas will happily tag along. Mac n cheese on the menu? Don't forget Myles. Hunter is wild for pulled BBQ pork and Jax is developing a very fine palate that includes everything from eggs to avocado and mango. Chinese, Filipino, Mexican, Thai, Greek, & Italian - you name it, the boys will find something to consume - usually lots of somethings.

At least one morning during the weekend my husband likes to make breakfast for his boys. This past Sunday breakfast included a dozen eggs, two pounds of bacon and ten waffles split between 4 boys. 4 boys who are 7 yrs, 5 yrs, 2 yrs and 10 months I might add. I looked on in awe as I ate my yogurt and fruit, protective of every morsel on my plate and yet I could not resist as Hunter came to stand by me saying "bite, bite, bite"; standing with his mouth open expecting me to feed him my yogurt, which of course I did.

The scariest thing about that morning was that breakfast was around 10 and by 12:30 John Thomas & Myles were asking what was for lunch.

And I thought going through 4 gallons of milk a week was challenging.

1 comment:

  1. 4 gallons of milk a week NOW? Imagine your grocery bill in ten years!!!

    ReplyDelete